Monday, May 24, 2010

Help Me With P.C.O.S.?

HELP!!!!!! I am 23 years old and have been thinking about having kids and has been trying. I hear about the P.C.O.S. From a good friend that seen it on TV so i brought it to my doc.. She told me I did have it I had been tested b4 with my old doc. So this whole time I did have it and Was never told about it. Now the doctor thinks i may have diabetes. on top of that I have had a Thyroid problem since I was 17. God this is to much. What kinds of medicines is there to help me with this. I have been looking online ,but I guess I would like to hear from someone who has it...

Help Me With P.C.O.S.?
I have it and I've been trying to have a baby for like 6 years! Uhhh, the medicines are metformin (sp), glucophage (sp) and I've taken Chlomid.





It is true that the condition mimics diabetes and many of the medicines are ones that diabetics take. This condition causes for a lot of diet modification and exercise.





Granted there are WAYYYY worse diseases and health concerns to have, but this is not easy... cysts, fibroid tumors, etc are serious and not knowing from one Dr. visit to the next if your ovaries are clear, tubes are blocked or period will be irregular is emotionally taxing. In my experience, having a great Dr. is KEY with this condition. Because ultimately, knowledge is needed and you want someone encouraging you along that walk of trying to conceive.





Blessings on trying to have a baby!
Reply:Metformin is very helpful in treating PCOS. Women with PCOS tend to be insulin resistant which leads to high blood sugar numbers. While you may not actually be diabetic yet, the metformin may help you with the insulin resistance.One of the best ways to help with PCOS is to lose weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment