Monday, May 24, 2010

Help selecting undergarments post c-section for tummy support...?

I am having my second c-section on Monday. My doctor is having me wear a binder for the first few weeks after the surgery, to help support the muscles and incision. She recommended that if I still want support and help returning to pre-pregnancy tummy, that I should consider just buying a girdle after that. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the shapers (no loop/hooks, or boning) and they seem inexpensive- do they work? Any serious input would be appreciated. Please note, I cannot vote on best answer for a few weeks. Thanks!

Help selecting undergarments post c-section for tummy support...?
Spanx is my favorite but you may need to wait past 6 weeks because they can be REALLY constricting.





I wore the hospital girtle for a few weeks- I asked for two before I left and they gave them to me.
Reply:Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and asked for a second hospital girdle- and they gave me extras no problem. I also have invested in some of the Spanx stuff, plus cheaper stuff while I am still in a bigger than usual size. They both helped immeasurably in my second time around recovery! Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment